Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Progress?

June is recital month, that means sewing not crocheting. Tuesday I hand sewed boas onto pre-school ballet tutus, Wednesday I hemmed costumes, Thursday and Friday I helped my oldest daughter sewing a costume for the Renn Faire.
Tomorrow, I work at the studio. It's picture day. My job will mostly be to help students & parents with the paperwork for pictures. But I will have little odds & ends,... pinning hems into costumes for those who didn't get their sewing jobs finished, pinning straps, pinning costumes to bras so they don't show,.....
When I get home, it's more work on the Renn Faire costume.

Today, I did get a new wooden hook in the mail. It's a Brittany hook. I've been looking at them in the stores and online, and wasn't extremely impressed. But this was a black walnut hook, and I do like the dark woods. Overall, I am very happy with the hook. It is well balanced, easy to hold, and the carving is very pretty. It does have a "Bates" head, while I prefer the "Boye" style. I did make a small swatch with the hook. It has a slight rough spot, needs very minor sanding, but other than that, it was pretty nice to work with.

The above swatch was a new stitch that I found online and wanted to explore. It's easy, and pretty, I made it in a blue baby yarn. I think it will be part of the photo session, "Wooden Hooks and Pretty Stitches". I'm thinking of photos to show off my beautiful hooks. Exploring other ideas for the photos, also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home