Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Short Break

I took a short break after completing the portfolio for the Basic Stitches. I spent 2 evenings at the dance studio sewing costumes for the competition, end of May, and the recital, at the end of June. Today, I crocheted 3 dishclothes to get a little ahead for the dishcloth exchange. Things will be getting busier at the dance studio, working extra days before the recital. Oldest daughter is coming home next weekend, after 6 months in San Diego. I will have both my girls home for about 6 weeks, and then they go galivanting again. So will enjoy spending time with them while I can.
I almost forgot, I also started a new baby shawl for the shawl ministry. It is being made with white baby boucle. I'm actually working it in Tunisian double crochet while frogging the yarn off a shawl I started in Tunisian knit stitch. This yarn works up a little too heavy for a shawl in the knit stitch, however, I'll keep it mind for an afghan for someone's whose little one is due in winter. It is lovely, and soft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home