Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Basic Stitches Course is complete!



Today I typed the answers to the last few questions, and blocked a thread swatch.
I printed a cover for the 2 binders, and side panel with name of course, my name, etc. Tomorrow I will go to the post office and get this mailed out.
The course was a great experience, I highly recommend it. I thought that I read that there were 3 levels to the CGOA Masters Program, but I only found 2 courses - Basics Stitches in Yarn and Basic Stitches in Thread. Several years ago I would have taken the thread courses and really enjoyed it, but my fingers just aren't up to that much fine work. A doily or bookmark now and then in #10 and a # 7 hook is okay, but a portfolio of items in #10, 20 and 30, with hooks down to #14, not at this time. I would really enjoy doing a Beyond the Basics, with more advanced stitch combinations, and a course that included other techniques such as Broomstick lace, Entrelac, and Tunisian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home