Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, April 24, 2005

On the Hooks and Off the Hooks

On the Hooks - I am almost finished with the purple ripple. I've neglected this a little, I could have had it finished long ago. I am putting the ruffles on the baby afghan - this is a forever project - Terry Kimbrough likes a basic simple afghan body, then an elaborate, complicated, Victorian border. I have also started on a baby shawl for the shawl ministry. This is done on a Tunisian hook with the Shells and Columns stitch. The group has decided to give a white shawl to every baby baptized at the church. Someone suggested embroidering the baby's name and date of birth on white satin ribbon. I seem to be the only one in the group with a machine that has that capability. It won't take much time once I've practice a little. I've done it once for a Terry Kimbrough afghan I did for a customer. It probably means I'd like to have my machine set up in a semi-permanent place.

Off the Hook - oops, looks like I haven't finished anything new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home