Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Happy Dances

Dee is dancing! Her journal has been selected as an Editor's Weekly Pick
"Editor's Weekly Pick"
Make sure you take the time to check out Dee's journal
"CrochetwithDee"
Dee has a lot of information about crocheting, new yarns and other fibers, stories of her work and family, and it's always good reading.

I'm dancing a little, too. When I came home from the Conference I sent in an application to change my CGOA membership from a regular member to an Associate Professional. I was accepted! So I have been busy this week reading on the CGOA website and the Teach Crochet group. I also mailed my application for the CGOA Basic Stitches course. Hope to finish this in a reasonable amount of time this summer, and hopefully take the Craft Yarn Council Certified Instructor course.
"CYCA Certified Instructor"

Last night I finished the purple ripple afghan. The pattern called for a white border, but I used the amethyst, it's really purple. In the back of my mind, I'm starting to design the next afghan for the "It's all About the Purple Afghan" fund raiser at the dance studio. I think the first one I made and donated last year brought in about $350!
Now I really would love to finish the summer sweater I started, maybe I can alternate that project and the next baby shawl. Today I serviced a sewing machine for an acquaintance, tomorrow I should get mine set up and practice the embroidery for the baptism shawls.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 30, 2005, Blogger CrochetWithDee said...

I'm delighted that you have such great news too!! Let's dance in celebration together!! :)

~Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home