Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Maggie Weldon's Lace Pottery in Southern Living

Maggie Weldon's lace pottery is featured in a section of the December 2009 issue of Southern Living Magazine. Unfortunately, I don't have a subscription to that magazine any longer. It was just a little too southern for this Pennsylvanian. I'll have to check out the magazine section next time I'm in Borders. I toured Maggie's studio when I was in NC last year, it was quite impressive (see blog entry of August 9, 2008). I loved the pottery and drooled over some of the large platters and bowls. I did buy two small pieces to bring home and display. One is a saucer, about 6 inches across, the other a bowl about 10". Here is a picture of the larger piece that I purchased, it's called "Victorian Elegance".Both are a pretty blueish color (my friends are surprised by the color choice...not!) I loved the Lotus bowl with those lovely fan borders. I just now fell in love with the "Affinity" Look at those lovely pineapples!

Take the time to check out the December issue of Southern Living for the picture of one piece of pottery. Then head over to Maggie Weldon's Lace Pottery website to see even more. This is really a unique look for crochet! True artistry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home