Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Miniature crocheted dogs

I think that these dogs are just adorable!
Can you just imagine the time that it takes to make these little guys? I can!
I really love to browse online and look at the miniature crochet things, especially the little dogs and bears. But little items for doll houses are fun.

When we lived in New Jersey, I had a friend (Chris) who had a lovely dollhouse, hand made by her husband. She was into all kinds of crafts and made furniture, curtains and little items for the house. But she also made some miniatures in many multiples and sold them at a local indoor market. Well, sometimes she sold them, most of the time she used them in trade for ceramic bathtubs, Victorian couches and other items for her doll house!

Chris and I loved doing crafts together, and often taught one-another a craft that we knew. Some of the things that we did - crocheting, knitting, cross-stitching, needlepoint, crewel embroidery, bead flowers, paper quilling, candle making, stained glass, cake decorating, candy making, ... I still have a needlepoint that I made, and her husband made the frame & framed it for me. I also have a miniature bakery wall hanging. I made the bread, rolls, cakes, etc from bread dough and a tiny plastic mold. Then I hand decorated some of the miniature cakes. That was fun! I also made some miniature cakes from slices of wooden dowel, painted them and added dried flowers. I think that I even sold some of the miniature cakes at that doll house store in the market.

If I had the time, space and organization skills,...I'd love to make a doll house. I could crochet miniature doilies, and bedspreads, that should be quicker than a full-sized bedspread, but I'd probably need to use size 50 thread! How about a little miniature bear on the bed? Dream on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home