Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

2009 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge

Well, yesterday was officially the last day of the Challenge. Tonight I finished scarf number 3. The first was in Red Heart Super Saver in a pale pink, and used Dee Stanziano's new stitch pattern Tumbling Clusters. It uses the technique that Dee taught in a Chain Link class in Buffalo this summer. Fabulous class! I thought of several things to make with some linked stitches. Anyway, I bought Dee's pattern for the "Tumbling Clusters Autumn Scarf" and made a slight adjustment for a narrower scarf.

The 2nd and 3rd scarf are both made with Bernat Satin in Flamingo pink. That's a fun color, and a very soft yarn. For me it splits a little too much. If I hadn't planned to make scarves for Breast Cancer Awareness in October, I think that I would have found a different yarn. But for this project, the bright pink was just too perfect. I bought the Satin online and fell in love with another darker pink called Mai Tai, and bought 3 skeins of it. So I'm going to have to think up a project of two to use with this yarn!

I posted to our CGOA Chapter group and asked them to send me an email with the number of scarves that each had completed. When I get totals I need to post them to the Ravelry group for the 60 Scarves Challenge, and get their total. Then I'll post the total for the entire Challenge to our group site.

Last year we made blue & white scarves for Special Olympics Winter Games.
This year pink scarves for Breast Cancer Awareness (they'll go to Hershey Medical Center).
I wonder what cause we'll make scarves for next year for Dee's 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home