Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making progress

This week I've been trying to finish up a few of the WIPs that are stacked on my couch. I've been working steadily on the Tunisian Shells and Columns baby blanket, and a Tunisian Feather & Fan baby blanket. The F&F is white fingering weight and will go to the church Shawl Ministry for a christening blanket. I started this so long ago (in crochet time) that I had forgotten how to do the fancy stitch pattern and had to pull out the pattern. Then I kept messing up and coming up with funky stitch counts. On Sunday I probably ripped out as many rows as I put in for several hours, then finally got it together and made progress. I took this project to the Shawl Ministry last night and finished several more rows. It will be finished soon!

Since swatching the sock yarns, I'm tempted to crochet a pair of socks, but I better finish up some other projects first. I've driving to NC tomorrow, so I'm stocking my crochet bag for a vacation. I probably won't get a lot of time to crochet, but I need to have something on hand in case my fingers get the itch. Also, my niece emailed and asked if I'd help her with some pattern adjustments in her crochet project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home