Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Fall leaves doilies

I have several posts started, one about where I've been and what I've been doing. That post will be long, and I'm not sure when it will be finished and posted. In the meantime - there will be a couple of short posts on some pretty crochet things that I've found around the Internet.

This blogger posted some colorful, fall shots of Long Island. The scenery and photos were inspiration for some crocheted fall leaves. It looks like this designer started with working in rounds for a typical doily, and then started "short rows", turning and working in rows or partial rounds to create these lovely leaves. They're lovely just as works of art! But they could be used for coasters, doilies, or made larger for fall placemats.

What has inspired your recent crochet projects?

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 05, 2009, Blogger BarbaraCrochetStudio said...

Thank you, Jane, for the feature!

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home