Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Library Display

We just barely got home with our boxes of display items after the Gathering of the Guild and it was time to start packing boxes of items to take to the library for a display.

2009 is the International Year of Natural Fibres and March is National Crochet Month, so our theme combined both those ideas - natural fibers, crochet, and then going green and recycling. Four chapter members met at the East Shore Area Library in Colonial Park (Harrisburg, PA) and had great fun organizing our skeins of yarn, items made from natural fibers, items made from scrap yarn and recycled plastic bags; along with books, magazines and leaflets.

I forgot to take my camera, so I need to go back to the library some time soon and take some photos. If you're in the Harrisburg area, please stop in at the library and check out our display, and pick up a flyer about our Guild chapter.

Next major project - clean up, sort & put away everything that came home from the Gathering, things that weren't used in the library display, yarn I'm finished with temporarily,...then I can get back to selecting patterns to go with the yarns in my stash...the ones purchased specifically for light-weight sweaters and summer tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home