Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Missing in Action...Again?

I haven't really been missing in action in the crochet world, I just haven't found time to post new entries to my blog. What have I been up to then?
Our local CGOA Chapter has been very busy with some large projects. This past Saturday we participated in the Harrisburg "Gathering of the Guilds".
With contributions of swatches and samples from other chapter members I created a display of "Types of Crochet". I didn't cover the 100 or so that Dee Stanziano has on her website, just some basics - classic or traditional, filet, delta, Tunisian, hairpin lace. We also had handouts with our chapter information, lists of crochet websites, benefits of CGOA membership, and applications for membership.


We also had a lot of crochet items on display, and a table full of items for sale. In addition, we had created small items for door prizes.

Here's a little view of the Gathering, on the right is someone reading the information about Tunisian that's posted with a Tunisian dishcloth.


The theme of the Gathering this year was Under the Sea. Faith made a scarf with the center of blue waves, and the ends in sandy color and a pebbly stitch. Then she added a starfish and shell. I don't think that I got a picture of that. Justine has been busy making shells. She brought along some real shells from her collection, and her crocheted shells looked great with them.

Margie brought along some cell phone holders in fab yarns! She sold several. Also, several of us made dishcloths and they sold well.

Saturday was a long day, we arrived at 7 am to set up, the Gathering opened to the public at 9 am. We spent the day crocheting, and talking to people about crochet, about our Guild Chapter, and about the CGOA. We also took turns shopping from the items offered by the various guilds. I bought a nice, hard-cover crochet book that I've checked out of the library several times. It was a definite bargain at $5! Several of us also took turns taking some short Make It and Take It Classes. Justine made a polymer clay covered pen, with seashell designs. Margi made a needle felted flower, and Crystal & I made a small fish in bobbin lace. Several chapter members, and crochet friends from our Michaels' days stopped by to chat and crochet. At 4 pm we started packing up. We were tired, but I think everyone had a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home