Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New yarns to play with

I'm looking at new yarns today, so you know a trip to the LYS and AC Moore is planned. I have been using Caron Simply Soft for some chemo hats and baby hats, and love the softness. It does tend to be a little splitty for me, maybe switch to a wooden hook, maybe even try one with an in-line head and see if that helps.
Anyway, I'm looking at the
"Caron website" at all the variations. I love the colors in the Simply Soft Brites, though there aren't enough of them! And the Simply Soft Tweeds, an afghan would be great in that! But right now I'm fascinated by the new
"Eco"
This yarn is a blend of regular Simply Soft acrylic and recycled plastic bottles. What a concept! I love that I can help recycling by crocheting more projects! And the colors! Look at all the shades of greens, and all the shades of blues. (Which makes me ask, Why isn't there a nice heather or denim blue in the Tweeds?) So I want to find a skein or two of this fiber and start swatching. Does it crochet as nicely as SS, does it split less for some reason (hope, hope), does it squeak on aluminum or plastic hooks, does it pill, does it wash & dry nicely, (and here are all the question marks for al those questions, it would have been unwieldy to still them in where they belong! ?????)
Must finish this post and go shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home