Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Tunisian hooks

I read a post in one of the many Ravelry groups that I'm in asking for testers of a bamboo Tunisian hook. I jumped at the chance, sent and email, and the company sent me a lovely, hook to try out and review.
ChiaoGoo sent me a 9" long, size N hook. My first thought was how super light the hook is, so easy in the hand. The hook is also super smooth. I tried a wide variety of Tunisian stitches and was very happy with the way the yarn slides on the hook. Then I took the hook along to Crochet In Public at Borders, and passed the hook around for everyone to try. Some people did regular crochet (it was short enough for easy handling) while others did some Tunisian stitches. The ladies passed the hook and yarn and added on to the swatch. At the end of the night, I was surprised at how the swatch was shaped, it suggested the bodice of a baby sweater!



Now, I need to head out to my two favorite LYSs and see if they carry any knitting needles or crochet hooks from this company, and if they'd consider carrying any Tunisian hooks.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? I miss your blog? Hope all is okay with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home