Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, September 08, 2008

Newest thread project

A few day ago I went to Walmart in search of the illusive Delft blue Red Heart yarn. I'm planning to make some scarves for the "Special Olympics scarf project"
While at Walmart I decided to browse to see what else they might have of interest, I don't shop there often, only when I can't find what I want at Michaels, AC Moore, or JoAnn Fabric. I found a new "How to" booklet put out by Coats & Clark, it has knitting, crocheting, tatting and embroidery. It had a nice placemat and centerpiece in a "spiderweb" design, one of my favorites, along with pineapples. Anyway I thought that a one-piece runner might make up a lot faster than the motif one that I started for hubby's aunt. I've been dragging my heels a lot on that one. This is a very traditional design, it looks a lot like two of the vintage crochet pieces that my mother-in-law purchased and has in her living room. So I think that this design would work well for her sister. I also picked up a large ball of Aunt Lydia's #10 thread in ecru. Very traditional.

I started last night, using the chainless sc foundation, and I can happily say I finally have this down. I finally found a website that explained it better than any book that I've used! Today I had time to work, and I'm amazed at how fast it's working. I hope that I can continue at this pace, as I'm hoping to enter it in the county fair before gifting it. Is that tacky? Or a good use of time? Anyway, I'm scheduled to drop the items at the fair on Friday, and tomorrow is lesson plans and tutoring, Tuesday I teach then Crochet in Public, Wednesday and Thursday evening I work,...it could be pushing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home