Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Naturally Caron Blog

Tonight I've enjoyed reading the blog from the NatuarallyCaron company. Naturally Caron is the company that makes the lovely bamboo blend yarn that I'm using for the Ring Around the Posie top. It's incredibly soft, and the colors are fabulous.
The first entry in the blog is about twist in yarn. More technical than a lot of crocheters are used to, but I think I gained a little more knowledge.
There are some great designs on the blog with links to patterns. I think I've just decided to make the Copenhagen Jacket, another design by Tammy Hildebrand (as is the Ring Around the Posie. The yarn called for in the pattern is a merino blend, so I need to start thinking about a good substitute. Since it's a heavy, fall sweater type jacket, the bamboo blend is a little too light.
Anyone have a good suggestion? Leave a comment for me. Remember, absolutely no wool, or other animal fibers.

At the bottom of the blog is an entry from Feb. 1 about design inspiration. This reminds me of the lesson I teach on tessellations. I send my students out with copy paper and colored pencils to find fun tessellations, make rubbings and return to the class to share their finds. I'll have to take a camera and go on a design inspiration walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home