Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, June 08, 2008

"It's all About the Purple"

I've been working steadily on this project. Love how it's working up; medium purple, orchid and watercolor variegated. Tonight it did get too hot to have all that yarn on my lap, and set it aside for a few hours. I sorted through some print outs from Antique Pattern Library trying to select a motif for the June CAL on Antique Threadwork. I started on a pineapple motif in pink #10 thread, worked about 3 rounds. Then decided that this is going to work up into a sizable motif, and that I might want to make two of the motifs in blue thread, and create a small purse; line it in some fabric. I have plenty of blue prints, or maybe even some white satin left from my wedding gown, I have a few yards of that still in my stash.
I came across some notes that I had made on various books about history of crochet and about Tunisian and interesting Tunisian stitches. I added some information to my notes, and started to write up a new class proposal for the new LYS. The owner is very crochet friendly. I also need to schedule another field trip to this store for the CGOA chapter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home