Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, May 08, 2008

"Hooked on Murder" and other stuff

I posted a new motif for the CAL in Antique Threadwork. I started working on it Tuesday evening at our Crochet in Public at Borders. I'm having some problem with a huge ruffle. The picture is not clear enough to tell, there may be a ruffle in the motif. I've been over the directions many times, I can't find any place where I'm mis-interpreting the instructions, and could try doing something different. So I've put it down for now.
I also worked on the summer top from Interweave Crochet in the beautiful bamboo yarn. I need to get time to work more on this, the yarn is just so yummy!
Then several of us spent time discussing and practicing continental knitting. It was something that I was playing around with over the weekend while swatching the knitting and Tunisian.
I have several projects that are coming up on due dates, so I need to pick them up and finish them.
I finished reading "Hooked on Murder". If you haven't picked it up yet, it's a nice light read. The crocheting is a major part of the story, and seemed very accurate. Along with the good story, there's a pattern in the back for a crocheted granny square dishcloth, and recipes for pound cake and buttercream icing. This says it's the first in the series, I'm looking forward to number two.

Okay, Dee; if we're starting a crochet book club what do you want to read next?

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane, I just finished the book too. I was wondering if you feel that the story line would have been more enriched without the bashing? Or did you like the "exclusiveness"? (I'm sure you know what I mean)

I did like the way crochet was woven through the story. Did you have any hopes for the main character to hook up with the "brunch" guy? (I'm really trying hard not to reveal details. lol)
~Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home