Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Always learning something new...

Over the last couple of days I've been very busy with swatches in knitting, Tunisian, and crochet. I've learned something very important: When I do Tunisian or crocheting for 5 or 6 hours I have a nice project, or a good start on a large project. When I knit for 5 or 6 hours, I have a nice ball of yarn!

Now, why is this? If I mess up a stitch in crochet, I re-do that stitch. If I've made a mistake a few stitches back, I rip back to that stitch and re-work. I'll admit that occasionally in a very difficult patterned project, I've had to rip back a row or several rows. But with knitting,... I can't figure out how to rip back to the mistake, I end up ripping the entire thing back to the slip knot!
Maybe I should go back to my LYS and take another knitting class.

In the meantime, I've used up a lot of valuable time that I could have used to actually crochet something. So, I went out and bought some worsted weight cotton and plan to crochet a quick project. Then back to the summer top that's working up so nicely on that J hook. Maybe I can be even happier, I'll switch over to one of my beautiful wooden hooks.

I also bought the new novel "Hooked on Murder" by Betty Hechtman. It's about a yarn shop, and crocheting, oh and the murder. I'm heading for a comfy bed, a stack of pillows and a new book.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
I just started reading "Hooked on Murder" too!! We should start a crocheter's book reading club... {vbg}
~Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home