Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, March 03, 2008

Crocheting, Knitting, Tunisian WIPs

I finished the Fat Bottom Bag yesterday. I started a new swatch in knitting, it's a diagonal stitch baby blanket in garter stitch. It's got a work as you go border, I love this. I really like the look of the borders, and love that when you're finished with the afghan, you're finished. You don't have the then add a border, "working stitches evenly down the sides of the rows". That's one of the things that I like least in crochet. Anyway, I'm tempted to keep working on this swatch, as it's cute, stretchy, and springy in color. But,...it's lime green, and I don't have enough to make it into a baby blanket or even a triangular prayer shawl. So I guess I'll have to pull it out, and then possibly start a blanket in a yarn that I have plenty of, in the stash.
While searching through the stash I came across a diagonal stitch baby afghan that I was working in Tunisian, with a work as you go border. And it's looking pretty good! So tonight I worked more on this afghan. It will be nice to finish up this WIP and use up some of the stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home