Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Some thread work

I finished the January Motif for the Crochet-a-Long yesterday, it will need some blocking. Since I've had a doily waiting for a long time, I'm hoping to get them both blocked tomorrow. The motif is from Celt's Vintage Crochet site, "Poinsettia"
Here's a scan before blocking, that last round really needs some blocking!





I made this little beauty in about an hour this evening. It's from a 1949 book of doilies and chair covers. It's a pull for roller window shades, but I thought it would make a lovely little Christmas ornament, so I made a shorter chain loop. I think if I leave out the little plastic ring, and make a small circle to work the first round into that I could make it into a bookmark easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home