Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Organizing.....again

When I got home from vacation, I realized that I had a lot of things to do in my crocheting, and for the Guild Chapter. I had to get things organized so that I didn't forget to do something that others were depending on me to do.
I started sorting and filing patterns that I've been printing off the Internet, but didn't get too far with that. It takes a lot of time, and few people will notice the results.
I caught up on all the emails regarding the Farm Show, and re-checked my list of things to do for the Gathering of the Guilds. Now I have to print out copies of the flyer that I made to pass out at the Farm Show. I hope this flyer with information on the guild and our meetings will increase attendance at the meetings.
Next, I worked on organizing the paperwork and the completed motifs for the Motif Crochet-a-Long that I'm leading on the Antique Threadwork group. I put each pattern into a page protector, and put the large motifs in the page protector. For some of the smaller motifs I had photos that I'd taken of the motif, and put this page in, also. I'm arranging some of the smaller motifs in a small display case that I purchased at Michaels. It's approximatlye 9 x 12 inches, and about 1 inch high. I'm thinking that I want to put some fabric behind the motifs, to make the display a little more attractive, but don't know what color will show them best. This will be part of our table display at the Gathering of the Guilds on February 23rd. I've been searching some vintage pattern books for some edgings, insertions or doilies taht I might want to be working on during the Gathering. This way I can promote the Guild, and the Antique Pattern Library and the Antique Threadwork group. Maybe I should have a small handout with the web address for these groups.
Next, I updated my "Project Priority" list that I created on Excel. I cut and pasted some projects from the top of the "To Do" list and put them on the bottom of the "Completed" list. Then I added new projects to the top of the list.
Now I hope to have a little more time to actually work on some crocheting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home