Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stitches East Yarn Market

Today I went with a friend to the Stitches East Yarn Market, at the Baltimore Convention Center. We had a great day!
For the $8 entrance fee, we spent 5 hours walking through a room of stitchers/fiber fanatics. We saw thousands of different yarns (Oh the Colors!), hundreds of patterns, books, and buttons, and hundreds of beautiful garments - some on display in booths and others being worn. We talked to many ladies about the beautiful items they had knitted or crocheted. We stroked and petted many luscious yarns, the silk with Swarvowski crystals was soft! I really liked the corn, soy and bamboo, too. The only fiber I bought was a super thin ribbon yarn that I'm thinking of making into a skinny scarf in Tunisian. I bought a book entitled Essential Crochet Treasures: Crocheter's Historical Pattern Series Volume Four. This is an unabridged re-issue of an 1891 book by Butterick Publishing Company, titled The Art of Crochet. There are some pretty edgings, and I can't wait to explore some of the Tunisian (here called Tricot). I also bought The Crocheter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements, that's going to be helpful.
We had lunch at the Market, and dinner at Subway on the way home, and had a great time chatting on the drive and throught the Market. Great Fun!
If you get a change to go to Stitches, don't hesitate, grab a friend and go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home