Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, October 08, 2007

While at Michaels yesterday for the class I was teaching, I found they had yarn on sale. "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!" They had Bernat Satin Sport for 2 skeins for $5. I picked up 4 skeins for some newborn hats, and 2 skeins of red for a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Must get that one made up and get them in the mail this week. The newborn hats are from a pattern that I got for the Michaels Yarn Event in November.
The event coordinator is going to be at another store that day, and the knit and crochet instructor and I (the Tunisian instructor) are going to be in charge of the event. We started thinking about what we've going to do, what can be done ahead of time, and what we can demonstrate during the event. So last night I made up one of the little hats with a blue Bernat Satin Sport. I think the pattern is a little long for how wide it is, will think about dropping a few rows and discuss it with the other instructor. I then started on another hat with a variegated, it's got pink, tan, pale sage; very pretty. This skein is so soft!! It's softer than the blue (hmmm). I'd like to find a solid color that's as soft as this variegated, there would definitely be a short sleeved summer top from this luscious stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home