Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lost crochet books

We know that single socks disappear into another dimension during the laundry process, but where do those crochet books go? Has anyone done a scientific study on this phenomenon? I used to think that I was just disorganized, I didn't put the book away where it belonged. However, with that theory, sometime during the sorting through the books for inspiration, reorganizing the bookshelves, etc the missing book should turn up, and (possibly) a different one go missing.
I know that I loaned out my 10-20-30 Minutes to Learn to Crochet, but I've lost two other books. 52 Tunisian Crochet Stitches combine to create an Heirloom Afghan, and 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan. Hmmmm, is it significant that both titles contain a number? Or both titles contain the phrase "combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan"? Somehow, I think not. That does give me an idea of where they should be in the book "stacks". I have large books on the bookshelf, smaller booklets and magazines are in magazine holders. I have one for Crochet Fantasy and Crochet!, one for Magic Crochet, one for sweaters, one for afghans, one for Tunisian, and one for projects that I want to make soon. The Tunisian booklet could be in one of several of those places...
Well, I've been searching for so long, that I've decided that I have to replace both of these. Last week I was rummaging through Ollie's (how else can you word the Ollie's experience?) and found dozens of copies of the 63 stitches booklet, in Spanish. I figured that I knew the basics of the language, and I was familiar with the booklet already, and...my daughter is very good at translating. The book was 50 cents, so I bought it. Thankfully, I've also found the book on eBay and won the bid. The book is one it's way to me for $4.50 including shipping and handling. Now, that Tunisian book.... Wish me luck on my eBay searches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home