Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Swatching, small progress, & school work

I've spent most of this week trying to go to many different directions. School started, so I have lesson plans, homework, syllabus, and all kinds of paperwork to do. Also, I have 4 students that I'm tutoring.
Then our girls are both home for a few weeks, then they're on the road again. So, I'm trying to spend time with them,...shopping, card garmes, discussing books, music, plays, etc.
Crochet-wise, the county fair starts next weekend, I need to have my entries ready by Friday. I realized that this would be a scramble, so I only entered 4 items this year, 2 doilies, a scarf, and a baby blanket. The doilies were completed, the blanket about half-finished, so only a scarf. I can whip one up in a few hours while watching tv, usually.
Friday, I got a call from my LYS, the soy blend yarn that I ordered had come in, so on Sat. I drove up, and while there we discussed choices in quality, non-animal fibers. The owner had a new fiber to recommend, it's Berrocco Comfort, a nylon, acrylic blend. Think soft as Micro-spun without the splitting! I selected 3 colors that I liked together with plans to make my scarf with these. Well, I've been swatching for 24 hours, some Tunisian, some classic crochet. I love the fiber, and promise a full review for the blog, and the CGOA membership group. I finally selected a simple stitch, working lengthwise, so that it's all about the fiber and colors. I have plenty of yarn left over, so I'm thinking of doing some chemo hats with the rest, but may play around to come up with another scarf.
Now, I need to focus on finishing up the baby blanket. Although, I have the urge to try a round ripple. Do I have time?
Must also review geometry, lessons and tutoring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home