Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, July 27, 2007

Yarn review - Bernat Natural Blends Bamboo

Tuesday was Sit N Stitch Night at Michaels, and they had new fibers!! Everyone in the group was teasing, you know Jane's going to buy some. Of course, I selected Bernat Bamboo, it's a bulky weight yarn, 89% bamboo, 11% acrylic. This yarn is sooo soft!! I think the soy was fabulous, this is even better!
I started with a little swatch, single crochets, half doubles, doubles, and then some Tunisian Simple Stitch. All of the stitches look great, however, I'd stick to fairly simple stitches and stitch patterns, the yarn has a nice texture. I passed the sample around the group, and everyone loved the softness, several people said "I can see clothing made of that."

A full review is pending, I need to find a small garment to make with the ball that I have, or maybe...pick up a couple more balls?

Once again I find it things that are supposed to be helpful, and there not helpful,... I tried to find a book on the Internet and put in the name of the book, the only "hits" that I got were to my own blog entries! Today I tried to find some information on the new Bernat Natural Blends yarns. Using Google again, the only item I got was my own blog entry. I can't be the only person in the world to know about this yarn! It's evidently not even up on the Bernat website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home