Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Swatching, swatching, swatching

For the last week or so, I've spent most of my crocheting time searching for the perfect fiber for the next contract piece. I've been searching online, in all the local stores, swatching; then more researching online, more shopping, more swatching. I've finally found the one I want and tonight I got a good start on the piece. It's working up very pretty & soft, and I'm using one of my favorite wooden afghan hooks! So I'm enjoying the experience. (Note - I will have to make several baby afghans, hat & bootie sets, doilies, etc with the fibers I bought that didn't work for this piece.)
Last night I thought about buying another hook from the same makers as this one that I love, and couldn't think of the company name. I thought at first that I'd have to search through papers brought home from the Chain Link conference, as I bought it at the market last July. Then I realized that I probably wrote a nice blog entry about it when I got home from the conference, and all I have to do is go back to the July entries and I'll have the information I need.
I was also swatching some yarns and different stitches trying to work up several designs for baby afghans. I found several that were good, but I don't think I came up with anything spectacular. You know, the kind of pattern that everyone wants to buy. So, when this contract piece is finished, and I've finished up a few of the other items "on the hook" I'll get back to this yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home