Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Creative Motif Adventures

There is an excellent article by Jennifer McClain on the Annie's Attic website today. It is about using different size threads and yarns and different size hooks to make the same motif into items with different uses. This is the type of discussion that I'm hoping for in the motif crochet-a-long with the Antique Threadwork group. When you read the article, be sure to hold your mouse over each picture, a label will pop up and tell you what size thread or yarn was used, and what size hook.




This is the pineapple motif that I wrote about last night. Isn't it a pretty motif?
On the last three or four rounds, I shortened the chains between the pineapples and the upright bars by one chain. I wish I had thought to do that earlier. I think that I might work this up again, shortening a few more of the chains, and using a colored thread and then frame the finished piece. I am really getting to love the idea of framed crochet as art.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 10, 2007, Blogger L. said...

Hi Jane,

Such a lovely doily! I would love to try something like that but I seem to have a fear of the smaller hooks and finer thread...how can you tell where to insert the hook with all those openings?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home