Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wow, These entries are getting few and far between. I'm trying to do so many different things, last night I said to one of my bosses "I need a secretary for my life." I'm thinking of getting a small tape recorder so that I can tape some ideas while driving or crocheting!
Took my Tunisian baby blanket to the Shawl Ministry on Monday night. I got a lot of positive comments - from the knitters! As soon as I catch my breath on a few projects, I'll type this and submit it for publication. I'm presently leaning towards Knitscene magazine published by Interweave Press. I'm so impressed with the Interweave Crochet, and I've even purchased issues of Interweave's knitting magazine, because they have such great articles on color, fitting, design techniques, and they have such fabulously yummy yarns in their ads.
Tuesday at the Sit N Stitch, a co-worker showed us 2 new crochet magazines that were in stock at Michaels, Interweave Crochet and Crochet Today. She asked if I wanted to look at them. I just reached into my purse for some cash and employee discount card and said "Nope, I'm just buying my own copies." Hope to write a nice review of both magazines for this blog, and the 3 Tunisian groups that I belong to on Yahoo groups.
In the meantime, I've started another baby shawl for the Shawl Ministry, not Tunisian. It's a "round" ripple in regular crochet. Will try to post the link to the pattern next week. Also, still looking for TLC Amore in white to finish a Tunisian baby blanket that's holding at about 3/4 finished. Wasn't planning a blanket when I picked the yarn out of the leftover stash. Last night I remembered that I had made a round baby blanket out of a doily pattern and entered it in last summer's County Fair. I need to get that out of the storage bin of "finished but waiting for a good place to donate" and take it in to the Shawl Ministry.
Packing in a frenzy and heading back to Western PA where I was last weekend. More family getting together.
Have a Nice Trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home