Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More Progress

Sunday I finished the first contract piece, I took pictures yesterday. Wish I could post them, it's very pretty. That's about all I can say.
Yesterday, I swatched some yarn to see what color I want for the next project. I took some pictures with the digital camera, uploaded them to the computer, and printed them to see if the stitch details would show up well in print. I gained a lot of information, but haven't made any final decisions. Tonight a few regulars got together at Borders for crocheting and chatting. I went next door to Michaels and looked more at yarns. I found a Simply Soft in Country Blue that I liked, so tried swatching. I like the color, softness,the fact that it has a little sheen, and stitch definition; but it's a thin worsted and seems a little "light" for what I've got in mind. I may go to A C Moore tomorrow to look at some new colors in Red Heart - dusty teal and light fuschia. On the computer moniter the colors look pretty nice, they print out well, but really need to see it in person.

New on the hook, today I got an email that the shawl ministry had given out all the small white shawls for 6 baby baptisms lately, and there are 3 baptisms scheduled for April, they would like a few quickly. I had several skeins of TLC Amore in white, and played around with some knitting patterns that I wanted to switch to Tunisian. But TLC Amore is a super soft yarn, it doesn't have great stitch definition. It's best to use a very simple pattern. So, I'm working in Tunisian knit stitch, and working up a diagonal design. I'll need to think up a simple border. But it's working up super easy and fast! I have about 6 skeins of Homespun in white, will have to see how that will work up. I'm thinking it might be a little heavy for a spring baptism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home