Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Crochet Weekend

Yesterday morning I met Faith and Crystal at Starbucks. We got coffee and headed to the Gathering of the Guilds. The Guilds with tables and displays included two lace, several needlepoint, quilting, knitting. I don't remember seeing the smocking guild there yesterday, last year that had some beautiful pieces. There were some fabulous items on display and for sale. Crystal and I loved the needlepoint with fine threads, some had fine metallic threads, some had beads. We were all fascinated by the bobbin lace pieces in progress. I think the 3 of us may be going to a Lace Making Guild meeting in the future.
Faith found some great crochet, and plastic canvas books for sale. I found some #10 thread in burgundy that I've been looking for to make a doily. I also bought some pretty pink Cebelia #10. I also picked up a deep blue satin Christmas ball. I'm thinking of putting a white crocheted snowflake draped over the top to look like a snowflake in a night time sky.

Afterwards I spent some time organizing books and swatches to take to my class this morning. I also made a list of some websites that had tutorials on Tunisian. I spent most of the afternoon and evening crocheting on the wedding afghan.
Today, I taught my second class at Michaels. I had 2 students, 2 of the 3 from the first class. We reviewed the basic foundation stitches in Tunisian that I taught them two weeks ago, then I taught them doubles, alternatives in purl and reverse, and then we did some shells. They seemed to realy enjoy the class, and asked what I'd be teaching them the next time. They'd like to do a project of some kind. We briefly discussed color changes, so I'm thinking of teaching some intarsia. I'll search for a simple picture and graph it, then probably make a potholder with a picture.

This evening I spent more time on the wedding afghan. I estimate that I'm about 1/3 finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home