Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Blocking doilies

Yesterday I blocked the black Spider doily, along with the small doily I finished sometime ago. It is named Rainbow Star doily, from SouthMaid "Timeless Doilies to Crochet". Mine is approximately 7", it's hard to measure exactly, you can't measure point to point, as it has 9 points! Whose idea was this? Where's the symmetry? Okay it doesn't have horizontal or vertical, or diagonal symmetry, but it does have it's rotational symmetry. I guess I'm learn to love it's odd-pointiness, because it is a pretty little thing. Tonight I started on it's twin, finished 9 out of 13 rows. They are going on a trip along with the blue Crochet-a-Long doily that I posted about in September.


Rainbow Star doily 7"



Blue Crochet-a-Long doily 13 1/2"

They're not identical, but I think they go together very nicely. It will make a nice set.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 04, 2006, Blogger Thata said...

Your doilies were splendid. I like them very much. Great Work !!

 
At Sunday, August 17, 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the subtle blueness of both doilies...and they are soo pretty alone or together. Great work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home