Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Finished objects

During this busy week, I've made some time for actually crocheting. I've been working on a Tunisian afghan, had to recalculate starting chain, stripe pattern and total number of rows to get it as large as I want.
I also finished the "Spider doily" I made it in black for my daughter. I need to block it, might do that this evening. I've also made 4 more blocks for Warm Up America. I think the joining party is Nov. 12 at Michaels. Then last night I crocheted 8 little hats for the "Caps to the Capital" campaign. I started with the pattern from the lastest issue of Crochet Today, Oct/Nov 2006, from the article A Capital Idea by Daryl Brower. Of course, after making the first exactly from the pattern, I then had to make changes and try new things. Then I started with the "Baby Shells Preemie Cap from Cay Litchfield" . That's a version using worsted weight yarn, I used Red Heart Soft. There's also "a sport weight version".
One the last cap I was using blue, and was almost out of yarn, so I decided to add some stripes with the other colors that I had on hand. It really came out nicely.


At Thursday, November 02, 2006, Blogger Lulu said...

beautiful hat


Post a Comment

<< Home