Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Blog neglect/ busy week/CGOA Chapter meeting

Yes, I realize that it's been more than a week since the last entry. That starts like confession, doesn't it?
This has been a very busy week. In addition to the usual preparation for teaching, grading papers & teaching on Tuesday, crocheting in public one evening, working at the dance studio one evening, algebra homework help, and tutoring; I prepared for the CGOA meeting on Thursday evening. Technically, we're not a CGOA Chapter, yet. We've been working hard, coming up with a lot of ideas for meetings, activities and field trips, but we need 5 CGOA members to send in our application for a Chapter. This month's meeting theme was State and County Fairs. Several of us also worked on making the Halloween finger puppets that were the free pattern on Annie's Attic webpage on Thursday. Crystal & Faith made great progress on black spiders, and Crystal & I made pumpkins. They came out very cute. You can download or print the pattern free from "freepatterns.com"
I've alread started on planning for next month's meeting, our theme is Christmas ornaments. We'll start with 1 or 2 easy snowflakes, which can be made with thread, or with sport weight yarn. We've got some "newbies" who don't have experience working with thread. When I have a difficult new thread stitch pattern, sometimes I work it in a sport weight with a D or E hook. Once my brain has the stitch pattern down, it's easier to switch to thread and focus on holding the thread and working with smaller hooks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home