Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Playing with Delta

While working on the Delta crochet lessons, I thought it would be pretty if I could make the flowers in one color and do the background mesh in green. So when I had a little time to play around I experimented. It started very easy, create the center flower in pink, change to green and work two grounds of mesh. The next rounds got more complicated, drop one color and pick up the other to finish a stitch. But, the flowers are worked over 2 rounds the bottom 3 or 4 petals and connecting stitches in one round, the last 2 or 3 petals and connecting stitches in the following rounds. So there were places where I had to drop the pink, pick up the green, make 2 treble stitches, drop the green, pick up the pink,... I think it has potential.
This piece was an experiment, working for concept, not necessarily perfection or neatness. The back is a mess of strings, I'd need to do some thinking about how to carry the back strands along neatly. I'll definitely be working on this, as I have a design idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home