Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

2 Days in a quiet house & progress

The hooks have been flying for 2 days. Yesterday I worked on lesson 4 of the Delta Star Jasmine doily. Then spent some time on a Tunisian shawl for the Shawl Ministry, more time on the doily, and then pulled out the baby sweater that had gotten set aside.
Today I finished the baby sweater. It's fabulous. It is a gift for my niece who's expecting #2 in June, it's a boy, so I used a baby blue acrylic yarn. I promise pictures soon. Without a digital camera, actual pictures take a little while. I love the doilies & swatches that I can put on the scanner and get pictures up here immediately! Anyway, the pattern was designed by Kay Jones and is available "here" It's pattern #99 Baby's V Neck and Round neck Jacket. The pattern is very well written, has no mistakes, is full of information - sizes in centimeters and inches, body length & sleeve length, abbreviations, stitch instructions, and has a clear, full color picture. Note the UK in the web address, this pattern is written in "European" crochet language. Instead of yo for yarn over, they use yrh for yarn 'round hook; Rtrf for Raised Treble Front instead of Frdc or FpDc for Front Post Double, etc. But, I had no trouble mentally adjusting the stitch names.

I'm pretty sure I bought pattern #94 Babies/Childs Tunisian stitch Jacket. Isn't that adorable! Hey, I should have purchased #58 while I was purchasing, that's sweet!
I did buy the Ladies Cardigan #118, no definite plans, just future project. After having finished this babies' sweater so quickly and easily, I think I'll search for the perfect yarn and move this on to the Definite To Do List. I'm thinking blue or sage. Need to sort through pattern books and select a pattern stitch to work up a summer top. I need a few self made (hopefully, self-designed, too) tops to wear during the convention.