Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Surprise box

Trying to catch up with digests from various groups, finishing projects, organizing patterns & yarns; writing e-mails, making posts, housework (what?), and children.
Have several ideas to post, but haven't done the actual writing.
The mailman just left a box for me, surprise! It has a return address of Lion Brand Yarn! Wait, I don't remember ordering any more yarn. What can it be? Hold on, I'm getting the scissors & opening the box.

This is a surprise! I've got a letter thanking me for teaching two people to crochet - it's part of the Each One Teach Two program through the Craft Yarn Coucil of America. (will add a link as soon as I've finished looking through the box). My name was drawn from a list of teachers & they sent me a gift. Wow, 6 skeins of Homespun in pretty red/pink/ purple shades - Boston Rose, Coral Gables, Antique, Gothic; and a pattern for a Granny Square Wrap. Now, I'm not a fan of Granny Squares, but I love the colors! I'll probably incorporate these in some Prayer Shawls.
Hope you had fun with my surprise box!
"Craft Yarn Council of America Each One Teach Two"