Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Multi-tasking

Last night I finished the Tunisian scarf. I really love it, 23 year old daughter had good words for it, too. This yarn is so soft, and so light, this is no heavy winter keep-me-warm scarf. Definitely light, colorful and fashionable.
Today, I got to play with mathematics and crochet. Someone on one of the groups I belong to wrote that she had misread a pattern and created 5-sided motifs instead of 6-sided, how could she assembled them. So, I wrote a little about tessellations, and browsed through a great book Introduction to Tessellations by Dale Seymour and Jill Britton. Jean Leinhauser had a sugguestion for assembling 6 pentagons with triangle inserts, need to play around with that idea.
Tonight I started on the Delta Star Jasmine Doily in #10 thread. Just had to have something to work on while watching tv. It took me about 10 minutes working on the blossoms and corners blossoms to get that figured out again, but then I did the first 6 rows looking only at the chart.
I just finished scanning the chart for the next sections (rows 7-12), I cut the wording off and enlarged the chart so it's easier to read. So I have something to work on tomorrow. It's going to be pretty. Love this Delta!