Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Doilies

Finally! I've finished the set of shell doilies, see entries of Feb. 10th and April 15th. The last round of shells on the largest doily really ruffled. I took a picture before blocking, hope to post it soon. I feared that it wouldn't block flat, but I spritzed it lightly with water and started pinning. Had to dampen it and re-pin it often, but finally got it flat. I sprayed it lightly with spray starch and steamed it, and it looks very nice. The set is ready to be gifted.

I've now gone back to the last project in my Delta crochet lessons, see entry of April 29. Yesterday and today I worked diligently, almost finished through row 12, but then found an error midway through row 11, so I ripped back and I'm now up through row 11.