Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Progress on Snow Flower Doily

Despite it being Olympic week, I'm sticking to the old adage that slow and steady wins the race.
I am working the last outside round of the doily, it's basically picots, it's going to take some time to get around it. The pink center rows were worked in back loop only, then I have to go back and add white ruffles to three center rows.
Here is a picture, it's unblocked. Hope that the blocking can stretch out the center & middle to show the pineapples to advantage. The outside has a beautiful ruffle, that's funny, there's no ruffling in the picture. I like the ruffle, though, I just might block it and use cotton balls to shape the ruffle nicely.