Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, February 10, 2006

Lace Guild

On Jan. 18th I wrote about the Keystone Lace Guild's booth at the State Farm Show, see "Lace Guild entry" That has inspired me to work with thread again. I've been having a lot of fun with the "Crochet-A-Long" doilies. I've also spent way too much time online searching for doily patterns.
I talked about the beautiful thread I bought at the Lace Guild booth. I've had it sitting on my computer table in view so that I would remember to think about the perfect doily for this thread. I didn't want to ruin or waste this thread on just any old doily, I want to show off its beauty with a perfect pattern. Well, last night I thought I had found that pattern and started using the yellow thread on this doily. And guess what? This thread is just to lovely for a doily. The thread is soft, not stiff like many #10 threads. It's extremely smooth, has a nice glitter, and it has a nice stretch. I decided it would work nicely for a baby dress, or a yolk for a dress. As of last night, the yellow thread is in the beginning of an original design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home