Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Crochet Olympics

It seems that the Olympics has inspired many needleworkers to challenge themselves in their favorite "sport". It started with the Yarn Harlot's "Knitting Olympics" and the idea was to start a project with the lighting of the Olympic flame and complete the project before the flame is extinguished. Each knitter was to select a project that was a challange, and yet do-able for him/herself. Check out the list of names & their planned project, as of this morning there are 3,908 entries!
Crocheters soon took up the challenge. Check it out "Crochet Olympics" Wow! They even have little medals "2006 Crochet Olympics Participant", "Team Wearables", "Team Doilies". Makes me wish I had signed up!
I had too many projects on the hooks, and items in design stage to make a decision to work on only 1 project for the 16 days of the Olympics. I am making a great effort to pick up a project each evening while I watch some of the Olympics.
Friday Feb. 10 Opening Ceremony - Motif panel swatch, design idea notes
Sat. Feb. 11 figure skating pairs, moguls, speed skating - 1 white doily
Sun. Feb 12 skiing - several rows of M's afghan
Mon. Feb 13 figure skating pairs - beginning of Snow Flower doily

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 10, 2006, Blogger Jocelyn Sass said...

I just had to let you know that your Snow Flower Doily is gorgeous! Pineapple is one of my most favorite patterns, and you did a beautitful job on yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home