Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Patterns to be published

I've been doing more paperwork, and photography, less crocheting lately. Last week I finished up patterns for some Tunisian scarves, and edited photos. I've had 5 patterns accepted in the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-Day calendar.
I decided to submit items to the calendar, even though there is no fee, for a variety of reasons:
1) it gets Tunisian crochet out to the public - there are too few patterns available
2) it shows that Tunisian is more than the basic afghan stitch with cross stitching
3) it shows current fashion, not just afghans
4) it proves that Tunisian is not the heavy, stiff fabric that most people think of when they hear about Tunisian, or afghan stitch
5) I retain copyright to the patterns, so I can use them in classes I teach
6) When I get more intricate patterns published, I can use these as free patterns to get traffic to my website
7) continuing #6 - people will trust that the more involved patterns are as well written as the simple, free patterns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home