Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Doily pattern test & Pictures

I finished the doily that I was doing as a pattern test. The pattern is very simple to follow, yet very pretty. I work very loose, and usually have to drop 1 or 2 hook sizes to get gauge. The pattern called for a J hook, so I started with an I, dropped to an H, then a G (6), then am E! I was still a little larger than the gauge, but let's be realistic, I'm not doing 16 rounds of a doily in worsted weight with a D hook. I did the first 3 rounds in D, then decided that I could kill two birds with one stone. I can test the pattern for accuracy, and see how it will work as adaption to a circular shawl. I did several rows in the G, then several in H, moving up until the last two rows were done with a K. It produced a very ruffly circle. Folded in half, it works as a shawl for a doll that I use for modeling some projects.
I took pictures of the shawl, and of the orchid afghan that I finished recently. Hope to get pictures developed and up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home