Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Paperwork & new project

Today I spent a little time organizing swatches. I keep 2 large binders of stitches and stitch patterns, 1 for classic crochet and 1 for Tunisian.
I was getting unlabeled swatches piling up, so I taped each swatch to a page, labeled it with stitch name, yarn type, hook size, book the stitch pattern is in, multiples, and anything else that might be helpful if I decide to use that stitch in a project. Several of the pages are labeled as an idea for an afghan.
Some of the stitch patterns are Wave stitch, I did this is regular and Tunisian; Tunisian Shells and Columns; and Tunisian Diamond & Shell, I think this pattern is also known as Catherine Wheels. Unfortunately, I have several that have waited too long, I can't remember all the important information. I will have to search to find the source of a stitch pattern I've labeled as Popcorn and Fan, "great idea for an afghan panel" with no further information.

I also started stitching a new project. Won't say much, it's a Christmas gift! But, it is Tunisian, my design, and it's working up beautifully!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home