Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Knitter's Day Out

I had a great time at the Knitter's Day out today. I looked at some yummy yarns, wools, sari silk, rayon chenille, cotton blends, so many yarns, so little time!
There wre plenty of knitted projects to get your creative juices flowing, some beautiful baby blankets, sweaters, ponchos, quilted vests with knitted sleeves, felted bags.
Most of the vendors had knitting needles, books, etc. but several had books on crochet, one had a crocheted poncho. I got a lot of ideas about colors, combining fibers, shapes, stitches,...
I talked to several people about the Tunisian scarf I was wearing, it was one of my originals combining a strand of sport weight with a novelty railroad yarn. It was done in the Tunisian knit stitch. One vendor suggested that I offer to teach a class on Tunisian next year, as they're always looking for new ideas for classes.
I shopped lightly, only purchasing the new Interweave Knit magazines's special Crochet issue. I'm still thinking about that hank of beautiful blue/green sari silk, and some pretty sparkly cotton blend. But my stash is overflowing, many WIM stacking up. Besides, Knitter's Dream is having a sale next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home