Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Crochet time

I finally have some crochet time. The woman that I'm giving private lessons to decided that she is ready to work on a project, and decided that she'd like to make a baby afghan. Yesterday I spent some time sorting through patterns looking for things that she might like and that I thought she could do. Then we had our lesson, she selected a pattern and we started swatches.
The pattern involved switching colors after one row or after three rows, so the yarn couldn't be carried up the side. She decided that she didn't like that, so I taught her how to do a Granny Square. She decided that she prefers to work in a single color, and to work in rows. So, we spent more time looking at and discussing patterns and I gave her a stack of loose patterns and books to take home.
Today, I'm catching up on reading my Crochet Partners digests, looking at patterns on the web, and swatching while at the computer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home