Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Swatching

Well, I've got a pretty pattern in Tunisan doubles. Need to think about a border, and start the math for sizing.

While swatching and exploring new stitches, I tried a new one from the 52 Tunisian Crochet Stitches combine to make an Afghan Stitch Sampler (Dolores Franks, Leisure Arts #2501). It is the Diamonds and Shells. An interesting stitch combination, it is basically regular crochet shells, with a small diamond of afghan stitch, aka Tunisian Simple Stitch. I made it in a worsted weight with an M hook. I'm thinking this would work up really nice in a sport weight with possibly an H, or I hook. Since it is mostly single & double crochet, with only 6 loops on the hook for the Tunisian diamond, I'm thinking of using a regular hook, rather than the Tunisian (afghan) hook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home