Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, October 07, 2005

Classes resume

Last year I had a small crocheting class, held where I teach math. We took a break for the summer, and getting back into the school year, but started up again today. I taught them the diagonal box stitch. The daughter, about 10, is an avid knitter and has been picking up the crochet like a natural! She did very well on this new stitch pattern, and was excited by the developing triangle. She now plans to select her own yarn and make a shawl as a Christmas present for a relative.

I've invited a friend to join me tomorrow at the market for Knitter's Day Out in Harrisburg. This is related to the Knit Out and Crochet 2 that's being held in many cities in October. Along with the market they are having classes on Saturday, only 1 crochet the rest knit. Anyway, we're going to "Drool and Pet" and get some inspiration for new projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home